Friday, February 11, 2011

Aye Aye

Frankie has grown into the last of the three dresses that my mom had held onto from my baby days. Its the pretty yellow one she wore to Jack's party. It's still a little bit big and so I'm hoping she'll be able to wear it into the spring - it would make the perfect easter dress! 

Thankfully one of the thrift stores in our area is always fully stocked with pretty baby girl vintage dresses. 

I can appreciate cotton baby clothes as much as the next mama - they wash well, dry well, don't need to be ironed and are sure to be comfortable. But there's something so quaint and irresistible about the more formal fabrics of everyday baby clothes from the past. I had a hard time limiting myself to just these three and can't wait to get back to see what new goodies await! 


With thick white tights and dark red mary janes.


For future sailboat trips. 


For future anything on hot summer days.

4 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...