Tuesday, March 30, 2010

I'll Fly Away Oh Glory

Spring is here! Or so say these birdies. I was home sick from work yesterday and found the energy that I couldn't find on Sunday to add the final stitches and twine to Frankie's bird mobile.

The plan was to sew the birds on, attach the tiers to each other, fasten the mobile to the ceiling and then glue the birds in place in that order. That way I could shuffle the birds around until I got the balance just right with every-birdie standing in its proper place. So I sewed and attached and fastened and began to glue. The top two rows went well. After gluing the last bird in the last row in place the whole row spun upside down ... permanently. At this point I was starving and with my usual craft standards comprised by the cold I decided that it was just fine and wouldn't overly affect Frankie's understanding of feathers and flight. It's bright, it twirls and this way the bottom row of birdies will be looking down at little Frankie. Hmm ... I should totally erase this confession and pass the design flaw off as premeditated :)




You can find the free pattern for these guys here: http://www.spoolsewing.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/birdpattern1-1.pdf

2 comments:

  1. I would totally want you as a momma you crafty cat! (also like the treats from a few posts earlier!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so pretty! Frankie is one lucky baby.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...