Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Weekend Warriors


We made the trip on Saturday to Richmond County. Richmond is an hour and a half from us and 1.5 plus 1.5 plus 1 (for some time there) equals 8. What? We left at 1:30 and made it home just before 10pm and have no idea what the time-suck gods did with our day. But we got the furniture! I think even if it took 27 hours it would feel like a major accomplishment.

This was without the six hours that I would have added to the epic with a visit to The Dancing Goat. Boo. We did stop to have dinner in St. Peter's on the way back. It looks like St. Peter's has been taking part in one of those building facade programs where government teams up with local businesses to revive downtown streets - to give older businesses a face lift.

Great idea, right? Based on the exterior I prepared my taste buds for goat cheese salads, grilled portobello paninis and pomegranate iced tea. I was going to walk in and take a little bite of Toronto or Montreal. In the end their most popular dish (which somehow took an hour to prepare) was a nearly unidentifiable selection of deep fried fishes with gravy. I had a diet sprite.

Anyways, Frankie we are all set now so please feel free to come anytime. Okay, not really, since you're not too ready for the outside yet. We'll wait and pass the time wandering in and out of your room picturing you all curled up asleep in your crib with equal parts anticipation and amazement.


Change Table, Crib and Dresser



Surprises for R: Pages from a children's book (Out of the Deeps) written about Savino Calabrese, his grandpa. Savino started working in coal mines when he was twelve years old, worked in the mines for most of his life and then worked as a guide at the Miner's Museum in his retirement.


Somebody thinks we went and got all this furniture for him.

We spent most of Sunday doing work. Ick. Work-work and extra work like building websites (R) and editing books (me). I finally vacuumed my car and hemmed a pair of pants that had been sitting on my desk since Christmas. Knocking these two tiny things off of the to-do list rivaled my sense of crib-accomplishment. I think I have spent more time erasing them from my agenda and moving them to the next day than it took to actually do them.

I'm starting to suspect that this coming weekend will be filled with only knitting and olympics :)

4 comments:

  1. The baby's room is so beautiful!!! Nice Score!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baby's room is prrreeeety!! Olivia :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Baby's room is beautiful.... Great Job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies! I conveniently only took photos of the done (a.k.a. clean) side of the room :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...