Thursday, February 25, 2010

It Rolls Down Stairs Alone or in Pairs

Frankie turned 28 weeks today. In celebration I am having a Mars Bar. Okay the Mars Bar is more because I didn't pack enough Swedish Fish in my lunch but it is celebratory also. I eat fruit. I swear! Sadly I can't pass these sweets and all of their ancestors off as cravings. I have a sweet tooth the size of Gibraltar (except in the shape of a candy corn).

I think I looked something like this as a baby:


And will look like the girl-version of this in my retirement:


My dentist looks like this:


My only real cravings were for dairy products and only in the first few months. Like ice cream and chocolate milk. What? They have sugar annnnd dairy. I have a test on Monday for gestational diabetes. Eek. Not because of the candy corn tooth - its a standard procedure. And an appointment for a RhoGAM shot since I have O negative blood and Frankie may not. And on Friday a monthly check-in with my doctor. It is when I'm staring down these sort of weeks that I know I live in the most appropriate (insured) country in North America.

Happy 28th week pre-birth birthday Frankie! You have started to blink with your sweet little eyes and can sense sources of light from outside your tiny home. I think you probably squint just like the kitties when I turn the lamp on in the morning and we all force ourselves out of bed. You have soft little fingernails and are busy plumping up (just like me) for your outside arrival. I can't believe that it's been twenty-eight weeks, that you'll be here in less than three months and that nine months is not actually taking four years to pass (like it felt it might way back in September).

We will see you in less time than it takes Mercury to orbit around the sun. We'll be the ones who look something like this except as humans:


P.S. That song that your Dad sings about logs? It was written by these two.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...