Sunday, February 20, 2011

Oh Brother Where Art Thou

Most times I think I know the bug inside out - having spent everyday of her life with her. She is, however, capable of great surprise. For the last five days she's been falling asleep well and willingly in her own bed. I tried this on a whim and its success has happily thrown into doubt everything I thought I knew about Frances and sleep.

Now I lay her down with a full belly and sing hush little baby a few times through and voila. She's still waking up once a night but so far each time has fallen back asleep on her own in under ten minutes. Maybe perhaps hopefully we've turned another (frigging awesome) sleep corner. 

This is the first time I've consistently had to sing something quieting to her (wheels on the bus and itsy bitsy spider not qualifying as lullabies) and have quickly reached the limits of my repertoire. When I launched into hush little baby again tonight I think I saw an itsy bitsy "mum I already know what will happen when the goat don't pull" side eye.

And so some brand new (but very old) lullaby contenders ...





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...