Thursday, February 17, 2011

Best Websites - Baby Edition

Since Frances has always napped in two places, in my arms or in my arms, I've grown accustomed to having at least three stationary hours a day. This has meant a lot of time bouncing from website to website (hallelujah laptops), sometimes discovering great things sometimes wishing I had grabbed a book instead. Here are a few of my favourite baby sites that have made nap time restful for both of us.    

Berkeley Parents Network – I discovered this sight after searching google for things like “baby wakes up every hour at night” and “baby won’t nap in her crib.” For some reason this site is always a few entries below those answer pages were very few people write in full sentences or check their spelling (here's looking at you Yahoo Answers). The Berkley Parents Network is also an unmoderated parent-community that, while basic in its design, has pretty consistently thoughtful and compassionate answers and antidotes.

Baby Steals – I wish I had found this sight while I was pregnant. It has so many incredible deals on very useful tiny baby things. Like baby sleeping bags and swaddling blankets and cloth diapers and burp clothes. Every day there are two “steals” – items posted for up to 80% of the retail price. They are sold until they are gone or until the next steal is published. You can join their facebook group for instant steal notification. Every so often there are also great items for older babies and toddlers. We got a beautiful pair of baby blue knit slipper/socks with leather bottoms for Frances for under ten dollars.


Weelicious – I want to eat everything on this site. From avocado mousse to mango pineapple salsa and three bean chili, this site offers healthy, fresh and delicious recipes to please tiny and not so tiny bellies. As Frank grows from purees to finger foods she’ll be an inspiration to eat as healthy as possible and I know this site will help us to find ideas for snacks and meals that we’ll all be excited about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...