Monday, October 11, 2010

Formula Fail

New plan: one more day of this formula tomorrow and then a new brand and a new doctor's appointment on Tuesday. 

Seven nights in and she hates it no less. Maybe more. She screams like she's on fire every time her dad goes near her with a bottle. After the first few nights of hell's scorn we read that someone other than the mum should give the bottle if the baby is breast-fed. Poor R. He has lasted much longer than I ever would have - I can hardly stand to be in the same house. 

Tonight we decided to taste the brand the doctor had given us. Not to suggest that all the screaming and crying has been justified but that stuff tastes like borax laced with cheap perfume. We've read a good review of similac (seriously - by a dad who tasted and rated all the formulas) and if that doesn't work we'll try the liquid rather than the powdered mixes. If that doesn't work then this little girl is never going to get on any of the really exciting rides at amusement parks. 

2 comments:

  1. Erika...I haven't followed all of the posts. What's going on with the nursing? Are you having issues? Maybe I could help. Just give me a call if you need to. I'm a member of the Breastfeeding Peer Support Line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You poor things! I work with a doc who is also a certified lactation consultant. I'll ask if she has any tips that may help.
    Auntie Chris

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...