Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Simply Breakfast


Last night we were treated to the most delicious of indulgences: homemade Cape Breton maple syrup. And so since last night I have been thinking of nothing but pancakes. Pancakes. Pancakes. Pancakes. I adore pancakes but don't make them all that often. If you love pancakes and breakfast as much as I do check out Simply Breakfast - a blog that inspires much more inspired (and tasty) mornings.

My Tuesday morning (syrup-laden) feast:


And for contemplation during the feast, the beautiful and thought-provoking quote in the accompanying card:

If I had influence with the good fairy who is supposed to preside over the christening of all children, I should ask her to gift to each child in the world be a sense of wonder so indestructible that it would last throughout life as an unfailing antidote against the boredom and disenchantment of later years, the sterile occupation with things that are artificial, the alienation from our sources of strength. Rachel Carson, The Sense of Wonder

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...