Saturday, May 1, 2010

Odd and Unexpected Pregnancy Side Effect #63

A few days ago I looked up and realized I couldn't really see anything distant. Signs, objects, faces more than five feet away ... all a haze. The ancient optometrist I visited last summer deemed my prescription good as is so I could only conclude that I was suddenly and permanently going blind.

(Thankfully) when I explained this low sight scenario to my doctor she assured me that it was definitely pregnancy related - extra pressure on blood vessels causes them to dilate more than normal which, when it affects the eyes, can lead to blurry vision. Then she laughed and said that if women really knew all of the side effects of pregnancy Canada's population problems would go from bad to worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...