Wednesday, May 19, 2010

A Miracle Cure


A year ago my life was pretty different than its been lately. Busy. Like working fifteen or sixteen hours a day busy. The weeks were winding down before the launch of a big project and there was so much left to do. I was exhausted and R was eating a lot of take out.

I came home one night ready for bed and just as I was about to toss my bags on the table I saw it - a huge pizza-box shaped white heat stain on our beautiful kitchen table. I probably should have mentioned to R that the neurotic state of things at work meant that this little house of ours needed to be extra sanctuary-esque. Extra perfect. The new state of our formerly-lovely kitchen table was more than I had left and tears ensued.

When I came home the next day the stain was gone. Gone! In a feat that I did not think humanly possible R returned the table to its full glory. Every time I thought about the fix for the next few weeks I was in awe.

Last weekend one of R's friends set a pizza box on the table. No tears this time though. We set to fixing it the next day and captured the repair secret in a video sub-themed "Mad Girlfriend-Happy Girlfriend":

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...