Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Travel-Baby



I bought my plane ticket for our July trip this week. I hate buying plane tickets. I get so nervous that I'm going to choose the wrong departure or destination or time in the nine pages of options it takes to actually make the purchase. I had planned to wait until after baby to tackle travel arrangements but Mum passed along an excellent seat sale so no time like the present.

We were pretty sure all along that babies flew free but get this: even though babies fly free they still get two pieces of checked luggage! This means that between baby and I we will get two carry on bags (not including baby) four pieces of checked luggage and a stroller. My flying experiences to date have been epic - not because I go very far but because we are never certain until the very last moment if my very puffy luggage is going to meet size and weight restrictions or if its going to bust open tossing socks and knitting needles all over the conveyor belt. Turns out all I needed all along was a travel-baby.

This week's other happinesses in pictures:

We took a trip to Main-a-Dieu to see a house package - buy one get one free. Pro: getting to live in Main-a-Dieu. Pro: cuuuute old yellow free house aching for a bakery and bed-and-breakfast. Con - the kind of boring and over-priced bungalow you have to buy to get the free yellow house.

The tulips in backyard are here and I swear there are twice as many as last season. What prettiness to mark the approach of Frankie's birthday each year!

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...