Saturday, April 24, 2010

Lapsicle

Meet my sassy new friend. His name is Gateway. We picked him up today and I am in loooove. He is small and quick and who doesn't love small and quick things? Unless, you're trying to trap the small and quick thing because it keeps eating your cereal and scurrying across your floor. But Gateway doesn't scurry or eat your cereal - he computes!

After two indignant attempts to communicate with Futureshop staff (worst service ever) I decided to try a little computer place in Reserve Mines. Although we had to make three trips there (and find creative ways to kill the time in between after three promises that Gateway would soon be ready to come home with us) I got a feverishly sweet deal.

Just to be safe I think this is how I'm going to leave Gateway when I need to walk away from him:

Yes, in a freezer bag. I am hoping this will stop him from meeting the same wet fate as the Macbook. I am sooo thirsty all of the time now. I'm starting to wonder if Frankie is part amphibian. This means I am never too far from a big glass of liquid - last night I actually almost walked away from my loaner laptop leaving a glass of water and kitty nearby. Seriously bad at learning my lesson.

Before Gateway's adoption we ventured through the Baby Flea Market (sorry pappa - no baby fleas). This is what $20 will purchase for you at a Baby Flea Market:

A boppy, three glass bottles, four sleepers, eight onesies, a pair of baby jeans and a pair of baby cords. Baby cords! Cuter than a duck in a sou'wester cuddling a kitten. Rob scoped out the awesome sleeper/onesie table and promised to remind Frankie that we once purchased him or her fourteen outfits for $6.00. Most of the clothes there were gender-specific but thankfully these markets are semi-annual events. Even better - they are in a hall just two blocks from our place! We should probably look into some sort of loyalty points cards.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...