Friday, December 30, 2011

Notes From Nineteen Months and a Blogcation

This little blog might be on the quieter for the next week or so as we adjust to all this newness and as I figure out where, with new jobs and new schedules, the quiet time for this will be. 

So far things are going well. Really well. I walked the fastest walk I've ever walked home from work today. I wished I were able to fly. I got angry at not being able to fly and walked even faster. I opened the door and no crying. Just babbles and laughs from our silly little duck. I haven't been as happy as I was in that moment in a very long time. She's going to be okay. I was a whole lot more sad than I imagined I'd be yesterday. And anxious and worried. What if she cries the whole time? What if she gets too tired waiting for me to get home? What if she doesn't eat enough? Will this schedule work for her? For me? Is this the right thing to do? Am I doing this for the right reasons? Exhale. If our first day is a sign of things to come, she is going to be okay. 

In the meantime (as we get everything put just right) a few highlights from the last week or so: 

Frances can count to ten. I guess this is pretty standard for babes her age but I didn't think counting came for at least a few more years. Its really kind of amazing.  

She can also turn door knobs to open doors and just about let herself into the fridge. As soon as she does get in the fridge she goes right for the bottle of pancake syrup every time. 

The other day when I said I love you to Frances she said Elmo loves you back to me. #thankselmo

At home, she won't leave my side. As soon as we get to a mall, store or park she is nowhere to be found. 

We've stopped keeping track of the words Frances can say since she tries to repeat most everything now. Just today there was pretzels and you're welcome. So polite when she gets her favourite salty snack food. Most of the time her pronunciation is spot on. But for some reason ice cream, which she requests every time she sees a freezer, comes out as essmins. Took us a while to get this one sorted out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...