Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Weekend Winds


We woke up Monday morning to a neighbourhood torn apart by wind. Laying in bed Sunday night feeling the house shift and shake I was sure the roof was going to be pried off as soon as I closed my eyes. No I told myself. This is just a little storm; happens all the time. Not so it seems. Thinking of our friends this week who are thinking about their battered homes. 


We ventured out in Sunday afternoon's wind and rain to buy fireworks for Halloween. You can do that here - walk into a store and buy yourself some fireworks. Crazy times. The place we bought them from sold fireworks and belts and repaired shoes. Diversifying, you know. Many years ago they bought six of these bags. This one (reduced to ten percent of its original price) was on route to becoming new insole in alligator shoes. 
I am pretending that I rescued it. 


Before the fireworks it was the flea market. As much as we love this place, there aren't many (er, no) baby-family-friendly things to do when the outdoors is uninviting. Luckily, Frances doesn't mind hunting for treasures among the mountain of tables and it's only a few blocks from our house. These Russian Matryoshka Dolls may be our very best find yet. Beautiful. 

1 comment:

  1. K - so jealous of the purse! It is beautiful!
    N

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...