Friday, November 4, 2011

Pumpkin Love


The weather has turned colder here in the last few days. November is official and with it a sprinkling of snowflakes in this evening's weather forecast. We have had a beautiful fall though and maybe this means there will be snow for Christmas. It definitely means it's time for warmer clothes. Especially, since I feel like I'm already preoccupied with thoughts of the little bean's warmth. She doesn't have slippers on, is she warm enough? I only put two blankets on her when she fell asleep, is she warm enough? Should I have put a second sweater on under her coat? Is she warm enough? 

It's all so different than last year when she didn't have the dexterity to take off socks and shoes and sweaters willy nilly. And we've yet to try hats and mitts. I'm preparing myself for the fact that this winter her clothes removal skills (ha ha, see you later mittens) will outpace her understanding of cause and effect (why are my hands so cold) and just hope that the later catches up with the former before frost bite or first grade.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...