Wednesday, September 14, 2011

To Every Season

Oh the anguish of packing up little dresses and jumpers at the end of summer. Not just because the balmiest days are behind us, but because she'll never wear any of these sweet little outfits again.

At the end of last summer I kept all of my favourite pieces in the back of her dresser, convinced that she couldn't possibly grow that much. Maybe they'd just be a bit snug when the sunny days rolled around again. As winter wore on and she grew and grew and grew, I put on my longest face and stashed the holdouts at the back of the closet along with the 'too-small' everything else.

But then, with packing up comes unpacking. When I found out I was pregnant, padraig cottage slippers were the one thing I had to have. A treat for the tiny baby in my tummy who I couldn't imagine ever being old enough to run from room to room in them.

They're still a bit big so maybe at the end of winter I'll just stash them at the back of the dresser in case they still fit next fall. You never know.



Once the camera was out I thought I'd give manual focus a try. I like it better than auto focus but with a moving target, having one more thing to align can be one too many. We won some: 


And lost some:

2 comments:

  1. Don't hide them in the back of the closet! Maybe there are a few pieces that would look cute on display in her room on some pretty ribbon hangers?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate! Brilliant as always!

    I've been tossing around the idea of repainting her room a warm pale yellow over the winter and some of her tiny little dresses would make the perfect decor after the painting.

    Hope you are well!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...