Monday, August 29, 2011

These Boots were Made for Walking

I thought I might not like it when Frances was older enough to cruise around the neighbourhood on her own. Rob and I have become pretty accustomed to the traveling convenience of the stroller. We can go where we want, as fast as we want and, if its not close to nap time, for as long as we want. France points at kitties, woofs at dogs and happily plays with her toes. 

This week we've started going for short evening strolls with everyone on foot and I couldn't love it more. Her small feet set the pace and we make many stops and side trips so that we (she) can run up and down a sloping lawn or try to fit another stick in her fistful of sticks. It is such perfect and intentional slowness  

From one of our on foot walks to the park this week: 



My favourite: the ooh sound and lip curl she makes in moments of amazement.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...