Tuesday, June 7, 2011

You said what to your kid?

On any given day I will look down at a small person and say “no, we don’t put our arms in the sangria,” “the kitty doesn’t like it when you try to lift him by the foot,” and “you’re not allowed to drink barbeque sauce out of the bottle.”

Recently, I came across a collection of things you never thought you’d here yourself say out loud compiled by other mamas and papas. 

My tops:

Why on earth would you pee on your brother?
No, zebras do not have boobs.
You blow on the dandelion, you don't lick it!
Did you eat my Chapstick?
No light sabers at the table.
Do not let the dog lick the inside of your mouth.

So many things to look forward to. 

You can read the rest of You said what to you kid? here.

2 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHA!
    I can add a question that I never thought I'd be asked. This was a delay sleep stall tactic by Olivia and she had to leap out of bed, come in and wake me out of a sound sleep to ask me this critical question: "Mommy, why don't yadies (ladies) grow beards?"
    She was banking on the fact that I encouraged her inquisitiveness, even regarded it as part of her 18-month-old path to future brilliance. I have no idea how I answered, but I hope it was with the patience that I'm sure I didn't really feel in the moment,
    Signed, Brain cells forever lost to sleep deprivation Auntie Chris :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha! What a tiny smart cookie. Its funny to think about the thought process that must have gotten her there. I can't imagine a smarter little eighteen month old mind.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...