Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Swoon

There are lots of debates in this house about our next house. Specifically whether we will build it or buy it. Rob says build that way we can live anywhere we want. I say buy. How hard can it really be to move some hundred year old farm house to a piece of land that you love? A rhetorical question since I've already decided that it's easy as pie. 

Old homes are the stuff of dreams with a character and a uniqueness that you just can't duplicate. The fact that you can't choose the layout and that the laundry hook-ups always seem to be in the basement forces you to be creative (let's fill this weird extra room off the entry entirely with pillows) and look on the bright side (four loads of cloth diapers up and down two flights of stairs equals one not-so-modest bowl of nutella and ice cream). 

Then I see something like this and think maybe the pro-build argument has some merit after all: 


Pantry of my organizational dreams and the only way I'll ever not have four opened boxes of lasagna noodles at the back of the cupboard.

2 comments:

  1. i totoally agree with the well organized pantry, that would definately be my dream kitchen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! This pantry and a couple of huge windows looking out over the sea and I'm all set.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...