Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mamma's Day Morning

Little pea, 

You, your tiny little wiggly self, are the very very best mamma's day gift I think I could imagine. Your infectious smile, your bright eyes, your funny straight-legged run right into my arms. Scooping you up as you hold tight around my neck redeems even the most draining of days. Always. Instantly. 

And you're smart too. When I snuggled you up beside me in bed early this morning you tucked in extra close and fell right back asleep. I'm pretty sure you knew it was mumma's day. And that next to a few more quiet hours, my most favourite thing is watching you sleep, knowing that in those moments you have everything you need - warm blankets, a soft bed, a full belly and a very grateful and humbled mamma.

After eleven months these slow snuggly mornings can still make the rest of the world slip away, bit by sleepy bit. 

So much love, 
Your mamma



A little later in the day with some of your first crustaceans.   


(Photo by nanna)


(Photo by nanna)

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...