Sunday, March 6, 2011

Sweet Sweet Sunday

I've decided to give up sweets. Mostly. Six days entirely sweets-free each week culminating in one great big sugarfest on Sunday. I have a huge sweet tooth. An out-of-control eat-family-sized-bags-of-wine-gums-all-by-myself-regularly sweet tooth. 

Today is my second free sweets Sunday. And here's the best part - I don't really want any sweets. I had a handful of swedish fish with breakfast but mostly because I felt obligated. I guess its an effect of this little detox but were they ever sweet!

There have been a few rough days here and there (and one wednesday that I caved for a freshly baked oatmeal raisin cookie) but all in all its been much easier than I was expecting. I eat a lot more fruit and actually make meals when I'm hungry and by myself instead of devouring a whole whole lot of chocolate crackle ice cream. I'm forced to be more creative when it comes to snacking and to plan ahead. 

I'll keep my free sweets day flexible (since supper at Rob's parents without dessert is like chocolate mousse without raspberry coulis) but am feeling excited about my success so far. I'm also expecting some nice thank you cards from my teeth and newly regulated blood sugar. 

Bye Bye Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...