Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy 2011

Happy International Year of Forests!

We're pretty excited to be on the tip of another year of adventures and adventuring and perhaps maybe (oh please) a little more rest. 

We had a wonderful time with some wonderful company ushering in the second decade of the millennium. And although it was the third time we were out without Frankie it was the first time we were on our own just for fun. Her nanna and granddad offered to come by after she was asleep and sit with her while we went to celebrate. Despite my certainty that her spidey senses would tingle the minute we left she stayed exactly as she was for the three hours we were gone. 


Did I mention we had a wonderful time? The bands were at their best and it was so lovely to see other grown ups. Still it felt odd not having Frank there with us. I kept expecting to look behind me and see her in R's arms mesmerized by all the lights and people and music. Maybe next year. 


The Yarnells: one of the super fine NYE bands.

New Years day in Sydney was really nice. So nice we jumped in the car and headed to the coast for a hike. But then we got to the coast and were almost blown into the ocean. FYI: its much windier at the coast than it is in the city. We did get to see a beached whale which I'd never seen before and which was attracting a lot of attention. It was huge and neat and sad all at once. 



Pretty but windy 

5 comments:

  1. what no picture of the beached whales...maybe next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Yarnells sound awesome - Sounds like you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mummer. I did get some pictures of the whale but they seemed so sad when I looked through them and maybe not the best imagery for starting a new year. Poor whale.

    ReplyDelete
  4. But I can e-mail them if you want!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey you1 long time no talk! It looks like things are well with you and the little one! I just noticed that you had The Yarnells on your page...my bff Meaghan is one of the singers in that band!! Such a small world, and I agree, they are pretty fantastic! A big hello from CAP :)
    joanne

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...