Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Tuesday Tuesday

1. I love rainy days. Around here they give us all the permission we need to pull on an extra sweater and pair of socks and spend the day making roasted chicken and apple dumplings. 

2. My free glasses arrived and they fit! Pretty perfectly actually - confirming that my virtual self is a close approximation of my real self. I’m now fully converted. 

3. Despite a long list of baking mishaps I've always wanted to make my own bread - but been too intimidated (see: long list of baking mishaps). Yesterday we picked up a used bread maker on kijiji so that I could give it a try. We opted for buns over bread after some concerns about levity and oh yum! Light and soft and chewy and melt in your mouth. I still have yet to try it unsupervised but we may be on the brink of never buying store bread again (or at least until I go back to work). 

4. I've decided to try to be less anxious about Frances and sleep - particularly her lack of daytime sleep. There are the repercussions of her general naplessness (like irritable evening baby syndrome) and then there's my constant anxiety about it (which doesn't actually help the sleep situation at all). Frances has a very small nap window - once she starts rubbing her eyes and yawning its time to bust it upstairs and get rocking. Miss that window and it’s at least two hours until the next one appears. I've spent so much of the last five months watching for these windows and trying to plan activities around them. If we're out and she starts rubbing her eyes and I can't get to somewhere that I can get her to sleep a sense of day dampening doom sets in. At some point both her day and nighttime sleep will improve and I've got to chill just a little until then. So ... 

It's not the end of the world if she doesn't nap like other babies. 
It's not the end of the world if she doesn't nap like other babies. 
It's not the end of the world if she doesn't nap like other babies. 

5. Rob Ford - ew.

2 comments:

  1. I just came to think that all of the stories parents tell about babies who nap twice a day for three hours and then sleep through the night ARE LIES, ALL LIES!!!
    Sleep deprivation will pass. You're a wonderful Mom & R is a wonderful Dad, you've got a house full of love & that will get you through.
    Sending lots of love! Aunt C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He, he - me too! The book I read about baby sleep said the same thing (LIES, ALL LIES) since 50% of two-year-olds still don't sleep through the night.

    Thanks for the message of encouragement!! Some day she will sleep through the night ... or at least be old enough that R can take over night duty :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...