Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Black Gold

With the exception of the first few months (when even the smell of anything caffeinated was off the menu) I drank coffee while I was pregnant. One cup of home steeped goodness a day (well within the recommended daily values since this feels like Confessions of a Bad Vessel).

But I stopped drinking coffee when Frankie was born. Knowing that sleep would become a valued commodity I didn't want to eat or drink anything that would turn her into a first year university student the night before exams. I figured that within a week or two I'd be over the withdrawal and over coffee altogether. Not so. Ten weeks in I was still a brown-throated three-toed sloth. All. Day. Long.


And so on Sunday I drank my first half coffee-half decaf from Tim Horton's. That s**t is magic. It wasn't just that I was more awake. I was more awake and more giddy and had the patience of Job.

I'm officially back on the brew and it is infinitely better than I remembered.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...