Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me

This year my birthday feels a little more like thanksgiving - looking back and looking ahead I am bubbling over with gratefulness for this lovely life:

For the pretty little girl sleeping in my arms

For being able to stay home and drink her in

For R who is a naturally exceptional father

For our family and friends who have been so generous with their time and love

For this house that keeps us safe and warm in the howling night time winds

For the sun that has started to shine after a long wet spring

For the travel and adventures that lay ahead of us this summer

And so, in celebration, I am giving myself many gifts this year:

More picnics

More fresh wildflowers

More outside and more sunshine

More evening peppermint tea

More deep breaths

More homemade

More love

Happy birthday to me indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...