Friday, April 9, 2010

Mac Book Blues ... Again


I came home on Wednesday night with a frantic amount of work to finish before bed. I settled myself in at the kitchen table with my laptop and a big glass of water. I smothered the test babies in affection and then walked away. Less than a minute later I heard the gushing sound that I knew could only be the mixing of water with laptop.

One of the test babies has a fear of full glasses. Or he must because he feels the need to stick his little paw into any glass he sees, releasing its contents for further inspection. After two seconds of sniffing, and a determination that the liquid was neither cheese nor tuna flavoured, he walks away.

And so today the laptop (which won't turn on) is destined for the laptop doctor and I am destined to hang around Rob's computer with puppy dog eyes waiting for my turn. I feel like I have lost an arm or something.

Shortly after the incident (like three minutes after) Rob ever so bravely hinted that I should have known better than to leave the test baby, laptop and water unsupervised in the same room. While this may be true (may) these sort of reflections, followed by hearty shared laughter at my costly absentmindedness, are best reserved for one full year after the incident when I am again fearlessly computing and not considering trading the guilty test baby in for some salt reduced bacon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...