Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Yesterday's Quesadillas

I finally finished this little set for R's cousin's wee one (who very conveniently for my knitting hiatus was only born on Friday). It should fit a growing Jack Rowan perfectly by next fall.


I started it when I was home for Christmas (and by started I mean mostly finished) at which time my only other (awesome) obligations were watching The Food Network and taking the sweet puppy Emma for walks. Even though there were also two kitties they were markedly less interested in balls of wool than our two (who I sometimes feed to induce napping so I can knit in peace - awful I know).

I was so enthused at finishing this that I immediately started a buggy blanket for Frankie Moon in the softest deepest red you've ever seen. I've been thinking about this blanket ever since I scored six balls of said gorgeous red for a great price in the fall. I did cheat improvise a little by upping the size of the needles (from 4mm to 6mm) to speed things along and hopefully head-off the mid-blanket-blues.

We've got an appointment for February 20th (two Saturdays from now) to see a crib-dresser-change table set in the next county over. Can't wait ... for the furniture and the beautiful drive and (importantly) the chance to have lunch somewhere different. I haven't looked yet but there's got to be a way to make the trip from here to there pass right through the Dancing Goat Cafe. Best. Sandwiches. Ever.

So that's one thing off the weekend's to-do list. I forgot entirely about DiaperPin.com. But I did sleep and the test babies are getting better about the counter. Before when we'd walk into the kitchen they'd look up from licking some gross cheesy dish in the sink like "hey guys what's up - want some?" Now at least they make a half-hearted attempt to get down. This is major kitty progress.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Erika - here is a site from a friend of Jenn Pershick that is really great. You can either order from her, or just use it for some inspiration! http://www.munchkinlegs.ca/

    There is also a site for a cool store here in Ottawa http://www.bellylaughs.ca/ that has some of the neatest gear. I don't know if you can buy online, but it might be nice to have a few more companies/products to look up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jodi! The Munchkin Legs are super sweet and Belly Laughs has great prices on cloth diapers!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...