Friday, January 22, 2010

Thank You Freecycle Sharon

Last night, after a long day and a long (but good) board meeting, I took a drive outside the "city" to pick up three lovingly packed bags of children's books. A few days ago there had been a post about them on Freecycle and I became their lucky new owner. I got them home and spread them across the kitchen table and proceeded to check in on the recent adventures of Ernie and Elmo and the Berenstain Bears. The thirty or so books were a perfect blend of reading levels from preschool to pre-teen.

R read out loud from a big book called Early Man (circa 1961) searching ever so carefully for inaccuracies or theories which had since been proven false. Much to our surprise (other than the assumption that man = human) there were none. This almost inspired us to pen the publisher a little note of congratulations - especially for their (liberal for the time) treatment of different ethnicities.

Tonight I'll add them to Frankie's room along with the sweet little boots my mom picked up from the outdoor market, the coming-home-from-the-hospital sweater she knit, and the CD of local lullabies from R's parents. I will try not to get too lost imaging little Frankie feet in those little Frankie boots but I'm not making any promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...